Dentistry/swollen jaw no tooth pain

I woke up 2 days ago around 2am with pain on the right side of my head.  Before that I had some slight sensitivity with a wisdom tooth that is broken on that side.  I have been to a dentist and he recommended having all my wisdom teeth removed.  That was about a year ago.  I've only had one tooth ache since then on my lower right wisdom tooth, the one I had the sensitivity on.  I took some ibuprofen to help with the pain. 2 days ago, wafter I had the pain on the right side of my head, I woke I noticed my jaw line under my right ear was swollen.   There is no pain or sensitivity in my tooth or swelling around the gums that I can see.  The pain is only coming from my jaw where it is joined with the skull.  (The pain is only when I open my mouth.) There is slight pain in the swollen part of my jaw only if I press against it.  Slightly touching the swelling does not hurt.  But this morning I tried brushing my teeth and realized now I can only open my mouth a bout 1 inch.  There is no pain when I slightly open it, and I physically cant make it open it.   There is sight pain when I open it as far (the 1 inch) as it'll go.  I work on the road, so I want to now if its serious or if I can wait a week when I get back home to get treatment.

Hi , Mike , you have a condition known as pericoronitis . It is the inflammation of the flap that covers the wisdom tooth . I have 2 suggestions for you -
1) Get the wisdom tooth removed , as this is the recommended treatment for any condition associated with wisdom teeth.
2) you can get the flap removed , this is calle doperculectomy  

Dr. Madhvendra T. Singh

He can answer most questions pertaining to general dentistry , surgical extractions, cosmetic surgeries , root canal treatment, prosthetic rehabilitation , preventive dentistry , oral lesions.

I am a dental post graduate , with one year house surgeonship experience . I have performed many root canal treatments, surgical extractions , aesthetic surgeries.

Sri Rajiv Gandhi dental hospital. Singh's Dental Hospital. Yasmeen dental clinic. Senior lecturer NICT. Floss and gloss dentals. Pathways dental centre.

He has published many journals on Endo-perio lesions, locally.

Bachelor of Dental Surgery. Basic life support certified. FAGE Manipal

I have stood first in my batch.I am presently a senior lecturer at SINGHS DENTAL HOSPITAL for rotary endodontics. I have also completed a course in Basic Life Support system.I have 18 hours of CDE points in international conventions and 10 hours of CDE points in national conventions. I have also recently presented a seminar on "ENDO-PERIO LESIONS" which in the process of publication.