Dentistry/veneer for 2mm open bite

Dear Sir, is it possible to place veneer porcelain to close open bite about 2mm on my four anterior upper teeth? will they easily crack? thank you.

Hello ely
Yes dear that can be done to solve the problem provided your bite permits it.
Its not unusual to have a very tight bite such that wjhen yuo slide ur lower jaw forwards, the lower teeth come very close to the uppers. This phenomenon directs tipping forces on the veneers. In such a situation veneers are an absolute NO! Schedule a visit to ur dentist and get ur bite checked.
Beat wishes
Dr mayank

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS

rootcanals, cosmetic dentistry, dental pain, cavities, tooth colored fillings, endodontic diagnosis, post & cores, ceramic veneers, composite fillings, dental whitening, bleaching etc. please remember: i cannot treat you online and neither can i touch your teeth or test their health! i can give you general suggestions and critically evaluate various treatments and offer my advice.

14 years of clinical experience. i am a professor in a postgraduate dental school, in the department of endodontics. my primary field of specialization is in endodontics and conservative dentistry. i am a consultant endodontist in private dental clinics and run my own clinic restricted to conservative dentistry & endodontics since 2006.

DENTAL SPA, JAIPUR (INDIA). Mahatma Gandhi Dental College, jaipur(india)

new york state dental journal journal of contemporary dental practise

BDS, MDS (conservative dentistry & endodontics)