Dentistry/Vinyl Putty Impression

Question
Dr. What do you think of vinyl putty for an upper denture impression? I went to a dentist that said he only does alginate, and I am allergic to this stuff. I had my last denture with the putty and it turned out good. It is difficult for me to find a dentist that uses this, and my last dentist retired. Thanks

Answer
polyvinyl materials are actually very accurate. you need a custom tray made and then an impression made. not sure why the dentist will not do this for you if you have an allergy to alginate (which is very rare i might add). keep making calls and see who will honor your request. there are no negatives to doing it this way.
good luck

jeff dalin, dds

Dentistry

Jeff Dalin DDS