Dentistry/White Spots on teeth

I've always had a few white spots on my teeth that weren't very noticeable, however, today I realized one of the white spots on one of my front teeth was bright white! This happened very suddenly. The only thing I have been doing differently is using baking soda to brush once a week, but I have done this in the past and didn't have any problems with white spots. Will this bright white spot go away on it's own in a few days? What can I do to get rid of it and why did it appear so suddenly?

Hi jane
White spots on teeth are caused due to following:
A)Decreased calcification during tooth development or injury
B) initial decay called white spot lesion
C) mild fluorosis

To acertain the exact cause of this white spot u need to visit a dentist.
A and c dont go away they have to be masked with tooth colored dental materials etc
B does but only after application of topical medications

U do need to visit a dentist dear!
Best wishes
Dr mayank

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS

rootcanals, cosmetic dentistry, dental pain, cavities, tooth colored fillings, endodontic diagnosis, post & cores, ceramic veneers, composite fillings, dental whitening, bleaching etc. please remember: i cannot treat you online and neither can i touch your teeth or test their health! i can give you general suggestions and critically evaluate various treatments and offer my advice.

14 years of clinical experience. i am a professor in a postgraduate dental school, in the department of endodontics. my primary field of specialization is in endodontics and conservative dentistry. i am a consultant endodontist in private dental clinics and run my own clinic restricted to conservative dentistry & endodontics since 2006.

DENTAL SPA, JAIPUR (INDIA). Mahatma Gandhi Dental College, jaipur(india)

new york state dental journal journal of contemporary dental practise

BDS, MDS (conservative dentistry & endodontics)