Dentistry/Broken tooth

Hi, I have a broken tooth from a cavity. It broke so that the middle of the tooth is completely gone too. Just the surrounding enamel is left. The tooth was infected but the pus didn't go into the bone, it came out into my mouth. I used to gargle with warm salt water or hydrogen peroxide. The tooth is now dead and I don't believe there is an infection anymore. What would you recommend I do with this tooth. Should I get a root canal? Or can I just leave it as is?

i am big on saving teeth so i would always tell you to have a root canal and crown done on the tooth in order to save it. make sure the  tooth has good, long term prognosis. don't wait too are best to get this going as soon as you can. good luck

jeff dalin, dds

Jeff Dalin DDS

general dentistry questions with topics ranging from cosmetic dentistry to dentistry for children

Fellowships in American College of Dentists, the Academy of General Dentistry, and the International College of Dentists.