Dentistry/lower teeth

Question
hello doctor,i am 45 an employee.my lower front teeth (single one)protruded from others and make hitting on my upper front teeth.my upper teeths are root canalled and crowned with porcelain caps.my dentist says bracing takes too much time and i dont interested in that .did there any other ways?like crowns implants etc.did implants look protruded when i replace the protruded teeth with an implant.did bite correction works?plese answer me kindly.

Answer
Hi Rajeev and thanks for your question.

Besides fixed orthodontics to move teeth into better alignment, your options are pretty limited.  Less conservative treatment could involve extracting the skew tooth and replacing it with an implant - as long as the quantity and quality of bone in that region is good and your oral hygiene is excellent.  You could also consider a fixed bridge to close the space up after extraction, but that does involve drilling on the teeth either side of the extraction side to make room for a bridge to fir directly onto them. But before you consider that, i would suggest that you try and get a diagnosis as to why this teeth moved out of alignment in the first place, because if pathology is the cause, then even an implant might behave the same over time - or the problem might affect adjacent teeth in the lower jaw later on.  Once you are happy with the diagnosis of the cause, then be advised by the hands which are treating you and if you are not happy, then find a dentist whom you trust fully.

I hope this helps and wish you all the best further, take care.

Kind regards
Dr Craig Peck  

Dentistry

Dr Craig W Peck ( B.Med.Sc., B.Ch.D., Clin. Botox, Cosmet. Derm.)