Dentistry/Question on Dentistry

I had the following question on frenectomy. Someone mentioned to me that I should get a frenectomy done.
As a male, my voice is soft and sometimes I get taken for a woman on the phone. Can getting a frenectomy improve my voice in this way.
Many times strangers call me mam on the phone and it is a little embarrassing.
How can one know if getting a frenectomy would help one's voice to improve in this way.

I assume you are talking about a lingual frenectomy which is the removal of part of the attachment under the tongue. If that is the case, doing a frenectomy will not change the sound or tone of your voice. It will generally make it easier to annunciate your words since your tongue will not be so restricted. I hope this information helps.

Marielaina Perrone DDS

I am a Family, Cosmetic, & Implant Dentist. I am well versed in virtually all of dentistry including dental surgery, dental implants, endodontics, periodontal disease, cosmetic dentistry procedures, dental phobia treatment, etc. Essentially if it is dental related I can help. Cosmetic Dentist Henderson Nevada Las Vegas Cosmetic Dentist Las Vegas Dental Implants

I graduated from Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine in 1997 with my D.D.S. degree and have been in private practice ever since. I currently maintain a private practice in Henderson, Nevada.

Dental School: Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine 1993-1997 Post Grad: Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine Advanced Education in General Dentistry 1997-1998