Dentistry/Question on Dentistry

Question
Hello,

I had the following question on frenectomy. Someone mentioned to me that I should get a frenectomy done.
As a male, my voice is soft and sometimes I get taken for a woman on the phone. Can getting a frenectomy improve my voice in this way.
Many times strangers call me mam on the phone and it is a little embarrassing.
How can one know if getting a frenectomy would help one's voice to improve in this way.

Answer
Hello,

I assume you are talking about a lingual frenectomy which is the removal of part of the attachment under the tongue. If that is the case, doing a frenectomy will not change the sound or tone of your voice. It will generally make it easier to annunciate your words since your tongue will not be so restricted. I hope this information helps.

Dentistry

Marielaina Perrone DDS