Dentistry/should I remove it?

Question
xray
xray  
Hello
You can see in the xray I have a tooth on my lower jaw.. what is this called?  Canine tooth?  Should I remove it, I MUST remove it? It looks like a pretty hard operation

Answer
You have quite an interesting situation here. Your lower canine is extremely out of position, and your third molars are extremely impacted. Your best bet is to find someone to do 3d imaging or a CT scan to evaluate the exact positions of these teeth. This will help determine whether they are better off left alone , or extracted. If the canine is not placing force on the roots of the other teeth, it may be better to leave it alone. Make sure you get a second opinion also. Feel confident with whomever it is you choose to treat you, as this is quite complex.

Would you mind if i copy this xray to show a few colleagues? It is a rare situation to have a canine in this position.

Have a good night! Please let me know how this all turns out for you!

Dentistry

Marielaina Perrone DDS