Dentistry/Root canal retreatment problem

Question
Hello,

Thank you for your help. I started my retreatment last December and it finally finished in feb of this year. I got sick between the two sittings and my endodontist couldn't finish the process in 2 sittings so she had to wait to clear out my sinus. Now since then I've been sick with the same cold, sinus issue 4 times and I don't know if it is because of my tooth. I also waited until starting the crown process which I did this month and I have a temporary crown now. I got sick last week with sore throat and cold again and now my gums near the root canal tooth are swollen and painful as hell. I don't know whom to go to at this point, general physician, endodontist or my dentist. It's just been nightmare since I started this process. Also, there was pain pressure most if the days since the root canal was done. What should I do next?

Thank you again!
Diana

Answer
Hi diana
The global success rate of retreatment root canal is about 70% ( 3 in 10 fail root canals dont respond to re rct)
Visit your endodontist and seek remedial action asap. If the endodontist throws in the towel and calls it a day, then get the tooth removed.
And dont worry about losing a tooth cos these days the replacements are fantastic. In any case look at the larger picture.....
Best wishes
Dr mayank kaurani
India

Dentistry

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS