Dentistry/SINUS INFECTION

Question
I HAVE HAD A VERY BAD SINUS INFECTION, HAD IT FOR A WHILE, THERE IS ALOT OF POLLEN GOING ON SO THOUGHT IT WOULD GO AWAY.  HAD VERY BAD HEADACHES, OVER EYES, ITCHING IN EARS...ETC. SO WENT TO DR GOT ON ANTIBIOTICS AND STEROID PAK, FINALLY FEELING SOMEWHAT BETTER, THEN WENT TO THE DENTIST, HAD TWO CROWNS PUT IN BOTTOM MIDDLE, HAD FILLINGS PUT IN UPPER 4 TOP TEETH, JUST AT THE ROOTS, DUE TO RECEDING GUMS.  THEY WORKED ON ME FOR 4 HRS BECAUSE THEY HAD A HARD TIME FITTING THE MOLD TO THE LOWER TEETH BECAUSE THE AREA IS SO SMALL AND HAD TO GET MORE NOVOCAINE, SINCE IT TOOK SO LONG.  SO LONG STORY SHORT, AFTER A COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER PROCEDURE I STARTED GETTING SEVERE HEADACHES ETC, SAME AS BEFORE. SO, I GUESS MY QUESTION IS, CAN THIS BE CAUSED BY THE DENTAL PROCEDURES, OR WAS MY INFECTION NOT CLEARED UP?  I HAVE AN APPT FOR CT SCAN TOMORROW AND APPT WITH ENT END OF APRIL. I AM IN TERRIBLE PAIN AND JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE TO TURN, NEED ADVICE.  MIGHT NEED SINUS SURGERY??

Answer
Sorry about your recent pain, Nancy.
Sinus issues can cause dental/tooth pain.  From what you describe, it sounds like more of sinus issues.  I would try a decongestant or over the counter allergy medication till you're able to get in with the ENT physician.  

Hope this helps,
KG Amin, DMD
Austin Center for Endodontics

Dentistry

Ketan Amin, DMD