Dentistry/Sore in mouth

I have a sore in the back of my mouth behind my wisdom teeth where my mouth connects. its white in color with maybe a tad of yellow in it. I was wondering what this is.

Sores can be caused by a number of things. Viruses, bacteria, localized trauma, and growths(less likely). In general if a sore doesn't go away in about two weeks it should be checked out  and possibly biopsied. Fortunately most sores resolve them selves. In the meantime you might rinse with warm saline solution made by placing table salt in in a cup of warm water.

As I have indicated, if it doesn't resolve within the two week period, it should be looked at by a dentist or an oral surgeon and if then a biopsy should be done.

Lawrence Spindel DDS,

Cosmetic Dentistry, Endodontics, General Dentistry, Preventive Dentistry, Comprehensive Dental Care

Former Clinical Instructor of Comprehensive Dentistry, and Prosthodontic Department New York University School of Dentistry. Also former instructor of Preventive Dentistry Columbia University School of Dentistry.

Ask Dr Spindel Dental Blog also numerous articles on (over 100 pages of original content)

1980 DDS New York University College of Dentistry 1981 GPR Manhattan VA Hospital

OKU 1980 Honor Society 1980 Long Island Academy of Odontology award for highest combined Academic and Clinical Achievement.
In 1997 he was elected to Fellowship into the International Academy for Dental Facial Esthetics