Dentistry/Thank you Dr. Moss

I am now almost 57, and you were my dentist, starting at age 3, until I became a young adult.  I am glad that I was able to find you online.  Just wanted to say Thank you for being such a great dentist. I remember your kindness, and was able to grow up and not be afraid of going to the dentist, as so many people are.  My late Mother, Elinor, was fond of you, and trusted her daughters to your care.  I remember your Mom, at the front desk when you moved from East New York to Hanson Place.  Hope that you and your family are well.
Linda Schnell- Leonardi

Dear Linda,

Thank you for the kind memories and for taking the time to share them with me.

I do remember your mother and the support she gave me when I was just getting started in treating infants and preschoolers without the use of general anesthesia.

Your mother really cared about you , after all when you were only 3 , she managed to track down the only pediatric dentist in all of Brooklyn.

I am sure you and your sister miss your mother as I do mine, they were both fine ladies.

Take care and all the very best.

Stephen J. Moss

Stephen J. Moss

I am a professor emeritus at New York University, with a background that includes extensive research, scientific writing and biology. I also am an international consultant in health education, particularly in developing education on new science for health professionals and consumers. I am a past president of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, former head of the NYU Division of Oral Biology and I represent the World Dental Federation at the United Nations. I travel around the world to provide health education to professionals and consumers.

Having retired from New York Universit, where I directed the pediatric dentistry training program, a walk-in dental clinic and research on oral biology, I formalized my professional and consumer health education initiative in the form of Health Education Enterprises. This entity consults and provides information on new science pertaining to oral and general health, particularly leading edge concepts that can be employed in the health professions to improve the public's health. As such, I am an expert in communicating new science and its usefulness to professional and lay audiences alike. I also had a pediatric dentistry practice in New York City for nearly 30 years.

I am affiliated with the American Dental Association, the World Dental Federation, the International Association of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Association of Pediatric Dentistry among other formal organizations. My experience has included a research fellowship at the National Institutes of Health and work at the Forsythe Dental Research Center

lpha Omegan USA, Nowa Stomatologia Poland, Journal of Public Health Dentistry, The Journal of the Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry USA, News Bulletin Japan, Journal of Marmara University Dental Faculty Turkey, Italian Journal of Paediatric Dentistry Italy, Asian Dentist Singapore, The Journal of the Israel Dental Association Israel, ROBRAC Brazil, Italian Journal of Paediatric Dentistry
Italy, FDI World, STOMA Portugal, Pediatric Dentistry The Philippines, Modern Stomatology Bulgaria, Journal of the Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry India

I obtained a doctor of dental science (DDS) degree, a master of science degree and am a board certified pediatric dentist.