Dentistry/Tongue Sores from temp crown cement

Question
I had prep done on 3 crowns done 6 months ago, but have not yet returned to have the permanent crowns installed due to unforeseen circumstances. Hope to get back there soon. I have painful sores on the side of my tongue where the temporary crowns sit and was wondering 1) if the cement could be causing the sores and irritation and 2) if there is anything I can do to treat the sores until getting back to my dentist (who is in a different state from me).

Thanks

Answer
Hi suzzane
Tongue sores from old temporary crowns are common.... Buy an ulcer gel(if available) from a local departmental store.....
If u cant find it then i guess u'd have togo to a nearby dentist and get it looked into....
My take: plastics like temp crowns grind out quite rapidly, as a result the teeth tend to shift from their position to compensate, probably ur crownswould have to be remade..... Be prepared for that.
Best wishes
Dr mayank
India

Dentistry

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS