Dentistry/white caps or silver which is best

Question
My three year old daughter has a very bad cavity on her right front tooth her dentist said she will need them to  be capped but i do not want her to have the silver caps for obvious reasons.But her dentist is trying his best to talk me out of the white caps because they can look too big in her mouth they can chip and a few other things. what i want to know is is it going to be harder on her physically to have the white caps or will it just be safer to do the silver ones?

Answer
In our experience we have usually been able to successfully restore upper primary incisors with white, tooth-colored crowns.  When properly done they are far more aesthetic than the stainless steel crowns and with proper care will last until they fall out and are replaced by the permanent crowns around age six.  

Dentistry

Dr. Randolph Myerson