Dentistry/etting a Dental Implant After Tooth Extraction

Question
Hi Dr, I just want your opinion in my situation. I would like to know if it's possible to put a Dental Implant at the same time after the tooth is extracted?
thanks,

Kamila

Answer
Kamila - yes a dental implant can be placed the same time as an extraction as long as the tooth is not infected, there is no periodontal disease or if there is any sign of an inflammation.  It is important that the doctor who does the extraction does not produce excess trauma during the extraction.  For that reason, having a skilled oral and maxillofacial surgeon doing the extraction and implant placement, versus a general dentist or other dental professional is important.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired