Dentistry/Root Canal

My teeth are sensitive (bottom molar and upper molar both right side). They sometimes throb not persistent. Every now and then, I feel dull shooting sensations. It feels like something is crawling in it and in my ear (bottom tooth). The top molar causes an occasional headache. I told my dentist. Actually, four dentists said neither need root canals because the deep fillings are holding up well. They said my bite might not to be adjusted. I've been using sensitive toothpaste and it has helped. Why don't I need a root canal? What are my options? I don't want to risk it getting worse.

Sorry to hear about your recent dental issues.

It's promising that the Sensodyne toothpaste is helping.  You can also use a fluoride mouth rinse to see if that improves things further.

If you haven't seen one, I would make sure you see an endodontist (root canal specialist) for evaluation.

Sometimes dental pain can start as a vague pain over a broad area.  With time, it will isolate to the tooth in question, if it is indeed a tooth that needs a root canal.

Hope this helps,
KG Amin, DMD

Austin Center for Endodontics (Root Canal Specialists)
Austin Center for Endodontics

Ketan Amin, DMD

Graduating from Harvard School of Dental Medicine, I received a broad understanding of both medicine and dentistry. I continued my training at New York University, as a dental specialist in endodontics, which concerns root canal therapy, related surgeries, as well as diagnosing and managing various forms of pain occurring in the head and neck

Dentistry; Specialist in Endodontics (Root Canal Therapy).

American Association of Endodontics American Dental Association American Academy of OroFacial Pain

Harvard School of Dental Medicine-Doctorate in Dental Medicine (DMD) New York University College of Dentistry-Certificate, Endodontics