Dentistry/TOOTH BONE LOSS'?

Question
went to my dentist after two years and they told me I have a little tooth bone loss.I ASK THEM IF THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO IM ONLY 34 they said no my insurance can pay for it I don't get I got state insurance I even ask to pay for it..I'm scare to lose my teeth I really want to do something for it:(( please help me

Answer

I am not sure what you are asking exactly.

If you want to prevent future bone loss, the best way is to brush 2x/day, floss 1x/day, and see your dentist regularly. Meticulous oral home care is important to prevent future problems.

If you want to reverse the bone loss, then I recommend you see a periodontist. This is a dentist that specializes in gum and bone issues of the mouth.

If your dentist said it's very small, then you hopefully will not lose your teeth. However, you do need to keep up the home care so that it won't get worse with time.

All the best!  

Dentistry

Benjamin Schwartz, DDS FAGD