You are here:



went to my dentist after two years and they told me I have a little tooth bone loss.I ASK THEM IF THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO IM ONLY 34 they said no my insurance can pay for it I don't get I got state insurance I even ask to pay for it..I'm scare to lose my teeth I really want to do something for it:(( please help me


I am not sure what you are asking exactly.

If you want to prevent future bone loss, the best way is to brush 2x/day, floss 1x/day, and see your dentist regularly. Meticulous oral home care is important to prevent future problems.

If you want to reverse the bone loss, then I recommend you see a periodontist. This is a dentist that specializes in gum and bone issues of the mouth.

If your dentist said it's very small, then you hopefully will not lose your teeth. However, you do need to keep up the home care so that it won't get worse with time.

All the best!  


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Benjamin Schwartz, DDS FAGD


I can answer a range of questions in dentistry, ranging from cosmetic dentistry, fillings, root canals, and comprehensive treatment. Specifically, my fields of interest are in CEREC technology, Invisalign (Invisable braces), and Endodontics (root canals).


Full time practicing dentist in New York City, treating all phases of adult dental needs. Specific focus on Invisalign cases, Endodontic (root canal) treatment, and CEREC single visit restorations.

Schwartz Benjamin, Boczko Fae, McKeon S. Oral Care For The Elderly. Perspectives in Gerontology December 2006

New York University College of Dentistry - D.D.S.
Woodhull Medical Center, 1 year post-graduate residency program - GPR

©2017 All rights reserved.