Dentistry/White on teeth:)

Hello:) I just got my braces off 2 days ago and I have noticed that I have a white ring around my gums...I have no clue what it is and have read some things that has freaked me out about my teeth:) I am a little OCD when it comes to my teeth and I hate that my teeth is like that:) If you know what it is or any cures please e-mail me:)

Those areas are decalcifications from around the braces that were on your teeth. This happens as it is hard to clean around the braces, and the tooth structure starts to weaken.

I would recommend using a Fluoride based toothpaste such as Pronamel to help replenish these areas. In addition, I would return to your orthodontist and see if he/she can help you in this matter. There is also a prescription toothpaste called MI Paste which is very good at restoring the teeth.

Let me know if you need more help!

Benjamin Schwartz, DDS FAGD

I can answer a range of questions in dentistry, ranging from cosmetic dentistry, fillings, root canals, and comprehensive treatment. Specifically, my fields of interest are in CEREC technology, Invisalign (Invisable braces), and Endodontics (root canals).

Full time practicing dentist in New York City, treating all phases of adult dental needs. Specific focus on Invisalign cases, Endodontic (root canal) treatment, and CEREC single visit restorations.

Schwartz Benjamin, Boczko Fae, McKeon S. Oral Care For The Elderly. Perspectives in Gerontology December 2006

New York University College of Dentistry - D.D.S.
Woodhull Medical Center, 1 year post-graduate residency program - GPR