Dentistry/White on teeth:)

Question
Teeth
Teeth  
Hello:) I just got my braces off 2 days ago and I have noticed that I have a white ring around my gums...I have no clue what it is and have read some things that has freaked me out about my teeth:) I am a little OCD when it comes to my teeth and I hate that my teeth is like that:) If you know what it is or any cures please e-mail me:)

Answer

Those areas are decalcifications from around the braces that were on your teeth. This happens as it is hard to clean around the braces, and the tooth structure starts to weaken.

I would recommend using a Fluoride based toothpaste such as Pronamel to help replenish these areas. In addition, I would return to your orthodontist and see if he/she can help you in this matter. There is also a prescription toothpaste called MI Paste which is very good at restoring the teeth.

Let me know if you need more help!

Dentistry

Benjamin Schwartz, DDS FAGD