You are here:

Dentistry/Changeing a Clasp


Dr. I just got a new cast metal partial on lower jaw. The clasp placed on the right molar keeps riding up, sometimes when I eat. The dentist will not change it. Do you think if I went to another dentist he would place a metal clasp, so that it grips the molar without shifting? It looks like it could be snapped off, because it has a bar attached to the acrylic. Thank You

is the clasp metal? sometimes this clasp can be adjusted to fit better. it is made of a metal that can be contoured by the dentist. the clasp is usually cast as part of the entire framework. you can easily get a second opinion from a different dentist if you are not getting anywhere with the first. good luck

jeff dalin, dds


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jeff Dalin DDS


general dentistry questions with topics ranging from cosmetic dentistry to dentistry for children


Fellowships in American College of Dentists, the Academy of General Dentistry, and the International College of Dentists.

©2017 All rights reserved.