Dentistry/Changeing a Clasp

Question
Dr. I just got a new cast metal partial on lower jaw. The clasp placed on the right molar keeps riding up, sometimes when I eat. The dentist will not change it. Do you think if I went to another dentist he would place a metal clasp, so that it grips the molar without shifting? It looks like it could be snapped off, because it has a bar attached to the acrylic. Thank You

Answer
is the clasp metal? sometimes this clasp can be adjusted to fit better. it is made of a metal that can be contoured by the dentist. the clasp is usually cast as part of the entire framework. you can easily get a second opinion from a different dentist if you are not getting anywhere with the first. good luck

jeff dalin, dds

Dentistry

Jeff Dalin DDS