Dentistry/Dentist retired, practice purchased by new dentist

Hi Dr. Dalin,

Thank you for taking the time to answer questions.  I greatly appreciate your time!

My dentist of 12 years just retired and sold his practice.  I've tried the dentist who bought his practice twice and don't have confidence in him.  So, I need a new dentist and have gotten referrals from friends.  However, I really like the hygienist I've been using.  

Is it possible to use one dentist office for the dental work of fillings, exams, etc. and the other dentist office for the hygienist work of cleanings?

Thank you!

you can try to do might have to keep this secret from the dentist with the good hygienist. he/she might not be happy about this arrangement...kind of a bruise to the ego. but explain the situation to the dentist who you want to do any needed work. he/she will probably be okay with this. good luck

jeff dalin, dds

Jeff Dalin DDS

general dentistry questions with topics ranging from cosmetic dentistry to dentistry for children

Fellowships in American College of Dentists, the Academy of General Dentistry, and the International College of Dentists.