I am really sorry to keep bothering you. My husband has this what looks like a blood vessel on his lip that's been there for at least a few weeks without seeming to get any better. He showed it to his dentist who said it looked like trauma or a scar. He also checked it with the velescope which didn't show any darkening in color in that area. My concern if course is cancer since he chews. Does this look like anything dangerous to you? Should I just forget its even there?

Red spot with white around it- two weeks ago

Same area today

Kim -  The red spot with white around is nothing other than inflammation from some type of local irritation and not dangerous.  The small blood vessels are normal and come to the surface in areas of mild inflammation.  So in my interpretation it all looks like healthy tissue with a slight irritation.

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude