Dentistry/Lip

Question
I am really sorry to keep bothering you. My husband has this what looks like a blood vessel on his lip that's been there for at least a few weeks without seeming to get any better. He showed it to his dentist who said it looked like trauma or a scar. He also checked it with the velescope which didn't show any darkening in color in that area. My concern if course is cancer since he chews. Does this look like anything dangerous to you? Should I just forget its even there?

Red spot with white around it- two weeks ago

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/kkingery83/CDFDF50F-2B63-4670-944C-CC4

Same area today

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/kkingery83/396A173A-B131-44AB-883C-4F9

Answer
Kim -  The red spot with white around is nothing other than inflammation from some type of local irritation and not dangerous.  The small blood vessels are normal and come to the surface in areas of mild inflammation.  So in my interpretation it all looks like healthy tissue with a slight irritation.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired