Dentistry/root canal with temporary filling

Question
hi i have chipped my tooth a couple of months ago and i had to get a root canal to save the tooth. they put a temporary filling on it. and now they tell me i have to get a cap put on it. do i have any other options besides putting a cap on my tooth?

Answer
Your best bet is to restore this tooth with a post and crown.You already had the root canal,go for the finish and get this restored properly.The other option is to get the tooth built up with composite but this is not a long lasting solution and you are at a higher risk of fracturing the tooth.

Dentistry

Rafael Mosery,D.D.S.