You are here:

Dentistry/root canal with temporary filling


hi i have chipped my tooth a couple of months ago and i had to get a root canal to save the tooth. they put a temporary filling on it. and now they tell me i have to get a cap put on it. do i have any other options besides putting a cap on my tooth?

Your best bet is to restore this tooth with a post and crown.You already had the root canal,go for the finish and get this restored properly.The other option is to get the tooth built up with composite but this is not a long lasting solution and you are at a higher risk of fracturing the tooth.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Rafael Mosery,D.D.S.


I`m a practicing general dentist for 29 years. Member of ADA,NYSDA,SDDS. In addition I am a fellow of the ICOI.My emphasis is on Implant Dentistry .I would be happy to answer questions regarding implant dentistry as well as general dental questions. Ofcourse within the limitations of no clinical exam and the absence of radiographs .


Private practice for 29 years. Have kept up to date with continuing education throughout that time.

ADA,NYDSA,SDDS,ICOI fellow,Penninsula Hospital Dental Society

NYU College of Dentistry DDS 1984 NYU College of Dentistry Surgical and prosthetic implantology program 1999-2001

©2017 All rights reserved.