Dentistry/Tongue

Question
I also have had this lump inside my tongue about an inch from the tip. It looks pretty normally from the outside but you can feel a hard lump. As far as I know it's been there for about 6 months is when I or at noticed it. It may have been there forever I am not to sure. It hasn't changed as far as I know either. I had a biopsy done a month ago on some persistent swollen neck lymph nodes which came back benign for cancer. There just showed benign reactive lymph nodes. I have pointed this lump out to both my dentist and my ent and both don't think it's anything to worry about. My ent said given its location on the tongue a biopsy would be extremely painful. He also said normally cancer doesn't present inside the tongue like this. I wonder if I Gould seek another opinion or insist on a biopsy or just let it go? It's not painful at all just a hard pea sized bump inside the tip of my tongue. I have inclined a pic so you can tell where it's at. The tissue looks pretty normal.

I am pointing to the spot

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/kkingery83/E18A39F5-5CF4-4435-992C-D48

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/kkingery83/99732BBF-C60D-4349-BB4E-935

Answer
Hi Kim

It is always your right and perogative to seek out a second or further opinions if you are not satisfied with the diagnosis.  I would suggest that you find a clinician whom you do trust, to save yourself all the effort and worry that comes along with distrusting the results as they are given to you. This would also save yourself considerable money and limit the unnecessary harm to your body, which could have been circumvented had you had full faith in the hands which are treating you. It is impossible and dangerous for me to give you a definitive diagnosis of a lesion based solely on a 2D image, in the absence of clinical signs and symptoms. 2 Treating clinicians already gave the all clear, which should give you some peace of mind and I cannot give you any other information about this or contradict their diagnosis based on what you have told me - this would be unethical and unprofessional, not to mention nearly impossible.  That is not how modern medicine is suppose to be practiced.  I hope you understand my reasoning.

Kind regards
Craig

Dentistry

Dr Craig W Peck ( B.Med.Sc., B.Ch.D., Clin. Botox, Cosmet. Derm.)