Dentistry/Zirconium crowns

Question
Hello, I visited turkey about 4 weeks ago, I had an appointment with the dentist one morning, she filed down 18 of my teeth in preperation for zirconium crowns to be fitted 2 days later, she took the impression and put in temporaries for 2 days while she awaited the permanent crowns 2 days later which she then fitted, my question is as follows, considering I have had 18 zirconium crowns fitted, how long should I have pains in my teeth/jaws/gums almost 4 weeks later now and I am still feeling pain is this normal? I had ten fitted on top and eight at the bottom, I find I am taking pain killers every day to alleviate the pain

Answer
Dear Paul:
I am so sorry to hear of your troubles.  I also apologize for the delay.  I receive an incredible amount of email and sometimes, some end up in the spam folder.
In any case... you should NOT have any pain at all.  This is not normal.
One of the reasons that most dentists would recommend having extensive dentistry done by a local specialist, is that follow up is important.  I am in New York, and I have many international travelers as patients.  However, I requires them to stay several days following any extensive procedures just to make sure that they have no pain and are back to normal PRIOR to flying back home.
You MUST contact the dentist in Turkey, or contact a local dentist where you are.
If you email me privately, I can direct you to a fantastic dentist in Ireland who can help you.
Please email me privately.
The material the crowns are made of is not important. However, if the crowns were bonded into place, the process in itself can generate a great of post-operative pain which might necessitate removal of the crowns, or worse yet, root canal treatment.
Please do not do anything until you speak to a qualified professional.
Best of luck,
Dr. Zev Kaufman

Dentistry

Zev Kaufman, D.D.S.