Dentistry/Teeth filling caused my eye swellen

Hello Dr,

I've visited a dentist Yesterday and she suggested me to fill the teeth though I never have toothache. She drilled my teeth till I've to much pain.Then after filling from the evening, I've noticed that My eye(same side of filled teeth) get start swollen and becoming red. So My question is " my eye swelled due to heavily drilling of teeth? or I need to go to see a doctor?please suggest. I'd really appreciate your kind suggestion

Eyes can become swollen after dental work for two primary reasons, one is an allergic reaction and the other due to an infection involving an upper tooth. If your selling hasn't gone away by this point, you should notify your dentist and see him.

Lawrence Spindel DDS,

Cosmetic Dentistry, Endodontics, General Dentistry, Preventive Dentistry, Comprehensive Dental Care

Former Clinical Instructor of Comprehensive Dentistry, and Prosthodontic Department New York University School of Dentistry. Also former instructor of Preventive Dentistry Columbia University School of Dentistry.

Ask Dr Spindel Dental Blog also numerous articles on (over 100 pages of original content)

1980 DDS New York University College of Dentistry 1981 GPR Manhattan VA Hospital

OKU 1980 Honor Society 1980 Long Island Academy of Odontology award for highest combined Academic and Clinical Achievement.
In 1997 he was elected to Fellowship into the International Academy for Dental Facial Esthetics