Dentistry/crown

Question
Today my dentist told me I need a crown on tooth 19 left side 2nd to last tooth. I asked about porcelain crown and she told me that she will use all porcelain (tooth colored material)for the sake of the conversation tooth color is being referred to as porcelain) as they have come a long way since the metal or the metal and porcelain and the all tooth color no longer has a gray area on edges etc. than the porcelain fixed to metal. However the service code of D2750 was provided on the estimate, by the assistant, which is described as crown-porcelain fused to metal. Also the assistant said I don't know if you need this but you might need a D2950 core buildup so I put it on estimate.
Is all porcelain crown w/ no metal better than porcelain fused to metal?
How do I know what I am getting?  How concerned should I be over this error/miscommunication? Should the doctor be able to tell me in advance if a core buildup is necessary.  
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Answer
Porcelain fused to metal is a great restoration and strongest. 2750 is the right code .when the dentist prepares the tooth they will be able to tell you if a buildup will be necessary to augment the the tooth and support
The crown better. Don't feet over it ,everything sounds fine.

Dentistry

Rafael Mosery,D.D.S.