Dentistry/crown lengthening

Question
I had root canal in #10 and a post and crown. The crown came out, and my dentist says there is decay. He thinks crown lengthening is the only way to save this tooth, even then he isn't optimistic and prefers I get an implant. I've heard of orthodontic forced eruption on wikipedia, it's supposed to be a good nonsurgical alternative. Are you familiar with it? Is this method worth a try?
Thanks very much!

Answer
this is something that does work...it merely takes time. so it is definitely an option. talk with your dentist about this...and then you will have to talk with an orthodontist (remember this means you will be getting braces). good luck with all of this! and you can always get a second opinion to make sure there is no other options such as a new post/core/new crown.

jeff dalin, dds

Dentistry

Jeff Dalin DDS