Dentistry/Dental crowns too long

Question
Hi, i've recently had 4 zirconian crowns fitted on my front top teeth. I was satisfied with them prior to them being cemented in place but have since decided they appear to long and square(friends have also noticed and commented on this). I was wondering would it be possible for my dentist to shorten them and reshape the bottom of them. If so how much would he be able to shorten them, eg. 1mm, 2mm...? Thank you in advance for your time.

Answer
hi paul
hmmm i wonder why didnt your dentist go for mock buildups before fixing crowns. remember that for the next time and ur family and friends

ok coming to your question: yes and no.

yes : if there is good amount of ceramic on top of the zirconia towards the edge.

no : if there is very little ceramic.

remember that if your crowns have any special stains/shades in the edge area they would be lost once trimming is done.
i wonder how much you paid for zirconia crowns? and which company zirconia crowns do you have?

best wishes
Dr M

Dentistry

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS