Dentistry/Ear ache

Hi I have ear pain really bad. Everytime I go to the Emergency Room they say I have a swimmers ear. They say the ear is red and swollen. So they give me drops. So I go to follow up with my doctor he says the same thing the Emergency Room says. He says keep putting the drops in the ear. I tell him when I put the drops in my ear it feels like air going into my ear. It feels weird. So he sent me to a ENT doctor. He says that I have TMJ and to stop the ear drops and wear a mouth guard at night. So I do as he says. A year later I still have ear pain and this ENT won't do anything for me. I tried to get a second opinion and it was a doctor I did not pick he says the exact same thing that it is the TMJ and their is nothing wrong with my ears. What can I do? Thanks.

Hi, Sean,

If it's TMJ Syndrome, you likely have other symptoms.

Please see this write-up. |

The article accessible from that page gives you an effective course of action -- if it's your TMJ.

Inform yourself.  

Lawrence Gold

can answer: TMJ Syndrome/TMJ Dysfunction / TMD jaw pain popping and clicking of jaws earaches TMJ/TMD headaches can't answer: drug-related questions

clients with jaw pain, jaw joint pain, limited ability to open the mouth, headaches

found in my existing expert profile

see includes The American Journal of Pain Management and The Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients articles on TMJ Dysfunction,1.htm

Certified practitioner The Rolf Method of Structural Integration (1990) Hanna somatic education(TM) (1992)

found in my existing expert profile