Dentistry/implant infection & temporal arteritis

Jeff Bosma wrote at 2014-12-29 00:00:22
I have just gone through a similar scenario. Misdiagnosis of a wisdom to oth abscess that went on for 3 years, Finally diagnosed, the tooth removed and eventually an implant installed. 9 months later I am diagnosed with temporal arteritis with major steroid intervention to stop vision loss in my left eye (same side as the implant). Also discovered large cyst now in my left sinus with the implant protruding into the sinus. I am now having problems with an infection in my left eyelid while still on the prednisone.

Thank you for sharing your question and answer. Very important for me to know that someone else has experienced what I have. I have suspected the abscess and chronic infection triggered the arteritis.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired