Dentistry/gum

Question
On one tooth, the gum that s below it, has a thin white line at the very top. The tooth has nothing on it, just the gum has this thin white line at the top. I should say the skin at the very tip of the gum is white. Any ideas? Its a bit tender but not painful.

Answer
steph
without seeing this in person, i cannot really give you any sort of definitive answer. it does not sound too ominous to me at all. it could merely be some sort of irritation. if this is the case, it will go away fairly quickly. sometimes these things pop up and then disappear in a matter of a few days. call your dentist and have him/her take a look at things. this will put your mind at ease. infections are usually red and swollen. make the call..get the definitive diagnosis. good luck

jeff dalin, dds

Dentistry

Jeff Dalin DDS