Dentistry/implant infection & temporal arteritis

Question
during 8 maxillary implants stubborn infections
persisted on left & right sides causing 2 implants to fail.  Low grade infections persisted for months
before completion and seemed also to be causing sinusitis.
Now a year later I suffered Templar arteritis attack & was hospitalized.  Currently undergoing steroid therapy for the condition.  Am I correct in feeling that the long term infections
caused the Templar arteritis?

Answer
Hank -  Let me tell you this.  With a chronic infection, bacteria is constantly being fed into the blood vessels in the region.  This recurrent bathing of the blood vessels with bacteria can produce the arteritis.  Is that the only cause? I don't know, but with your history of a low grade infection, it is definitely possible that it is the cause.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired