Dentistry/New Denture Advise

Dr. Dalin, I want a dentist to make me a new upper denture, and my insurance pay's for one. The problem I am having is that when I see a dentist they want to give me a rebase on my old one, which I told them I don't want. The denture is 9 yrs. old good teeth, but the palate is way too thin. I do not want  to have to go without teeth for two days, and sit have impression material in my mouth for four minutes, I can't even stand one second. I am now trying to find a new dentist after the other consultation to make a new one. Do I have to tell a new dentist I lost my denture and go in there without teeth? Any advise in this matter? Thanks

if you want a new denture then that is all you should need to tell your dentist. even if a reline might be okay, it is your desire to start fresh (you can use this first denture as an emergency spare one). now keep in mind, when you make a new denture you will still be getting impressions made of your mouth. good luck...all should be fine. this is simple communication here.

jeff dalin, dds

Jeff Dalin DDS

general dentistry questions with topics ranging from cosmetic dentistry to dentistry for children

Fellowships in American College of Dentists, the Academy of General Dentistry, and the International College of Dentists.