Dentistry/Root Canal on 17

Question
Hello Doctor,

I had a Root Canal performed on tooth #17 on Monday(Its now Wednesday). I still have that 1 wisdom tooth, because it occludes with my 2nd maxillary molar(Class 3 occlusion on the left side). They filled 3 canals with Gutta Percha, placed glass ionomer and a cotton ball, then placed IRM. I believe it was 20MM in depth. My question is, this was done 2 days ago and whenever I bite down on that tooth, it still hurts. I though with the Pulp Chamber being cleaned out with the sodium Hypochloride and files that i would not feel any pain in that tooth. Its only whenever I bite down or actually push down on the tooth. I am taking 800mg of Motrin and I am eating only on my right side until I have a permenant filling placed on this. How long does the pain usually last after a RCT treated tooth? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (I am a Dental Technician in the US Navy, so I will understand any terminology) Thank you so much for your assistance in advance.

Answer
Hi Scotty  thank you for your service.  You are doing the right thing. Continue the motrin because the pdl is inflamed from the endo and possibly raised the occlusion slightly.  You might consider having that occlusion slightly adjusted to allow the inflammation to subside. Make sure there is no swelling or residual infection.  It should subside once the swelling goes down but really consider adjusting the occlusion

Dr. Kramer

Dentistry

Thomas Karmen