Dentistry/My Tongue

Question
I'm 14 and I have a reddish pink thing on the left side near the front of my tongue. I'm scared that it may be a disease and I don't know what to do.

Answer
Angelina,
A "reddish pink thing" really doesn't tell me anything useful except that it's not normal.  What you should do is have it examined by someone who can tell you exactly what it is.  It might be nothing to worry about so you should know that right away.  Or it might be something that requires immediate attention before it becomes something bad, so you should know that right away.  You tell me that you don't know what to do and I'm telling you to have it looked at right away.  If you have a dentist then you need to make an appointment with the dentist right away.  If you don't have a dentist then you should call an oral surgeon, a specialist in this sort of thing, and make an appointment right away.  If it hasn't gone away in the last 7 days then it's not going to go away by itself.  Make that appointment right away.

Dentistry

Dr. Randolph Myerson