Dentistry/Treatment before making implant

Question
X-Ray picture
X-Ray picture  
My tooth No 26 (upper jaw) is half-broken, so the dentist recommended me to make an implant. To make it the remainder of the tooth shall be first extracted which is clear. But he told me that before that the neighboring tooth No 25 shall be deadened (i.e. its nerves shall be killed and channels sealed) to prevent possible complications after the extraction. This is the question is it really necessary to do that?.

X-ray is attached (done with temporarily seal on #26, so not possible to see #26, but the question is about 25)

Answer
when an implant is placed in a space it should not be necessary to perform root canal therapy on a tooth adjacent to the space due to implant placement.I am not familiar with your numbering system.Her in the US we use 1-16 for upper teeth.something doesn't sound right,perhaps a miscommunication.

Dentistry

Rafael Mosery,D.D.S.