Dentistry/Bridge of nose is tender and hurts.

Question
Can TMJ cause the bridge of my nose to be tender?. Alsocould I have a fractured tooth in front that does not show up on exray.
Right side of my cheek is swollen and feels like its in a spasam.
What can I do.When I chew on right it feels like chewing on a sponge.Thank YOU

Answer
Hi Anna,

I have heard about hundreds of different TMJ cases, and there are usually never any two that sound the same.

Your question is.....Can TMJ cause the bridge of your nose to be tender?  I know this won't be a helpful answer to you, but I will just say maybe.

When TMJ occurs it can upset the delicate balance of bone structure and muscles within your face.  Sometimes it can even effect other parts of the body, like your neck or shoulders.  TMJ does all kinds of random things, which is why even the best dentists struggle to figure out how to mitigate the problem.

So perhaps the delicate balance of bones and muscles within your face are causing a pressure point within the bridge of your nose. This is just a guess of what could be happening, and not based on any scientific fact.

I am also not surprised that other bad things are happening inside and around your mouth.  The muscle spasm within your cheek and the spongey feeling on the right side could all be part of the same problem.

And last week, a friend of my mine told me her dentist said that when she has that spongey feeling within a tooth, that means it could be decaying or infected.

By the way, what caused the fracture in your front tooth??  That could be an important clue as to how to proceed with treatment. I don't know if it would show up in an X-ray, but a good dentist might be able to tell if there is a fracture with a visual inspection anyway.

So again, maybe a lot of things.  Obviously you need to get to a dentist right away.  I would prefer you to go to a Board Certified Dentist who deals with TMJ problems on a daily basis.  Please read my responses to many other questions here on Allexperts.com to see why getting the right TMJ dentist is so important.

Thank you for writing in your question and hopefully with the right professional help you can make your tender nose and teeth feel more comfortable.

Best regards,
Jonathan
Patient Point of View  

Dentistry

Jonathan at PatientBabble