Dentistry/Dull pain after amalgam filling

Question
I had some fillings done on wed the 28 of aug.  I was taking a nap the afternoon of dental work and was awoken with a pain. I went back in to my dentist and he adjusted the bite. Said the tooth could also be bruised. They are not sensitive to hot or cold. The pain comes and goes.  It is a light dull pain that is soothed with heat. I also have to wear a night guard because of teeth grinding. Is this pain something that should go away with time or should I have reason for concern? 30 yr old female

Answer
hi nancy
if the ache is localised and restricted to the teeth you just got filled ... then please wait for a few more days. its not unsual for fillings to take a couple of days to settle down. if however things dont turn out as intended by the weekend then i would suggest that you should get it critically evaluated by your dentist.
best wishes

dr m

Dentistry

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS