Dentistry/fistulia in molar

Question
i had a rootcanal done in februrary this year and 5months later i have afistulia in tooth what could cause that? ALSO WENT TO ENDODONTIST HE SAID I HAVE A SINUS TRACK SHOWS A FUSED ROOTFORUM THERE IS A POSSIBLE MB2 THE MB ROOT SYSTEM HAS A RADULUCENT AREA DO YOU THINK THAT AN APICOECOMY WOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM I AM GOING TO AN ORAL SURGEON BECAUSEOVERBITE OR UNDERBITE  ALSO MY BITE IS NOT RIGHT I HAVE TMJ FOR A LONG TIME MY TEETH WHEN I BITE ARE ON TOP OF EACH OTHER NO WHAT  I WENT TO A TMJ DOCTOR HE GAVE ME A SPLINT BUT THAT NEVER CORRECTS THE PROBLEM IT SOLVED A LOT OF PROBLEMS BUT NOT THE ROOT DO I NEED TEETH REMOVED TO GET MY BITE PERFECT? my first concern is this infection and second my bite please tell me your opinion thanks so much

Answer
Steve - As far as the tooth with the sinus track, if, in fact, there is additional MB root canal and the canal was missed during the initial root canal treatment the apicoectomy might salvage the tooth.  The problem is, if the canal was missed, canals are usually not a single tube, but often have small microscopic branches off of it.  Because of this the apicoectomy has a chance that it might not work, but it is worthy to attempt the apicoectomy to save the tooth.  

A splint for TMJ will not affect the root canal tooth at all.  Without examining you or seeing pictures and xrays, it is difficult for me to tell you if any teeth need removal to create a better bite.  

So get the apicoectomy done by a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and once that has been rectified the bite should be addressed.  So correct the source of the infection and then the bite.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired