Dentistry/screwed in retention or cemented retetenion for implant crown

I'm having #19 implant restored. My dentist gave me the option of it being restored with screw retention method or cement. Which method do you prefer and why?

Thanks for your question Michael,

Both will work just fine, I tend to prefer the screw retention because it's easier to work with as far as replacements or adjustments. Both are solid and the screw retained might need a little more upkeep but I think the advantage offsets the disadvantage.  You're fine either way. Just my opinion, I know dentists that will only use cement so it's a tossup.  My opinion is only my preference but feel safe to go with either.

Dr. Karmen

Thomas Karmen

All general dentistry questions, especially those related to fixed prosthetics. Endodontics, Periodontics, and implants, minor oral surgery I can't answer much about othodontics nor advanced treatment of carcinoma nor deep tissue surgery nor osseous surgery such as jaw reduction or advancement.

DDS In general practice and consulting with having done some lecturing for local dental societies.

ADA and Florida Dental Association and Iowa Dental association

DDS degree