Dentistry/White coating!!

So for about three years now I have had this white colored coating on my tongue. Every morning when I wake up I have a yuck taste in my mouth and I go to brush my teeth and I have a tongue full of white stuff so I get rid of it all and the yuck taste is gone so I go to school like normal but when I get hungry at school I get that yucky taste back again and when I eat it goes. Then I get home from school and my tongue is white again. I have to take gum to school because of it and I have about two pieces of gum everyday one in the morning and one after lunch. I searched it up but it came up with all these things like oral thrush and other ones but I don't have any of the symptoms for them.  Please help I can't take it anymore I want my pink tongue back !

It's quite possible that the white build up is plaque which just needs to be removed like the plaque on your teeth.  Complete oral hygiene requires the daily removal of plaque from the teeth as well as the tongue.  There are tongue scrapers which are available among the oral hygiene devices at the pharmacy.

Dr. Randolph Myerson

Please limit your inquiry to questions about orthodontics (braces) and children's dentistry. I am both an Orthodontist and a Pediatric Dentist, having been trained in both of these dental specialty fields. Orthodontics is the dental specialty that treats problems of tooth, bite and jaw alignment using braces and removable appliances. Pediatric Dentistry is the dental specialty also known as dentistry for children, which deals specifically with the dental problems of this special age group from infants to adolescents. I am also experienced in Forensic Dentistry, the application of dentistry to law enforcement and identification using dental records.

I have been in the private practice of orthodontics and pediatric dentistry for over 20 years. Prior to that I served for three years on the Cleft Palate and Cranio-facial Reconstruction team at Children''s Hospital of Philadelphia and was an Assistant Professor of Dentistry at University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. I also served as a dentist in the U.S.Air Force, stationed at Andrews AFB in Washington, DC.

I am a Fellow in the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, and a member of the American Association of Orthodontics, as well as a member of the American Dental Association and the Dental Society of the State of New York.

I received my BA in Biology from Frankin & Marshall College in 1969, and my dental degree from University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in 1973. In 1978 I received both my Certificate in Orthodontics from University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, and my Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry from Children''s Hospital of Philadelphia after completing a three year Teaching Fellowship in Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry in 1978.