Dentistry/xrays and implants

Question
how common is it for surgeon to take xray right after implant placement?
how long does it take to place one molar implant?

Answer
Kris -  It is important that the surgeon take an xray after the insertion of the implant to make sure that the implant placement has not entered into connection with a nerve, if the implant is on the lower jaw, or the sinus if placed in the upper jaw.  

A molar implant placement can take anywhere from about twenty minutes to an hour.  The length of time varies depending on the location of the implant and the presence of other vital structures in the area.

If you have additional questions, feel free to contact me again.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired