Dentistry/implant screw loose

Dear Dr,

I had an implant and crown done on LR6 and soon the crown became loose which was caused by non-perfect fitting bites, my dentist drilled through the crown and tightened the screw, but the crown seems to push on one side of the teeth, leads to 3 tooth towards the front no longer accept dental floss. Should this be a concern? Will this causing damages to my other good teeth? Thank you.

sounds like the implant restoration"s contact is a dot too tight. This should be an easy fix go back and have it adjusted.It may affect the implant not the natural teeth .The implant is static it does not move at all.Teeth on the other hand can move within biologic parameters with no harm.

Rafael Mosery,D.D.S.

I`m a practicing general dentist for 29 years. Member of ADA,NYSDA,SDDS. In addition I am a fellow of the ICOI.My emphasis is on Implant Dentistry .I would be happy to answer questions regarding implant dentistry as well as general dental questions. Ofcourse within the limitations of no clinical exam and the absence of radiographs .

Private practice for 29 years. Have kept up to date with continuing education throughout that time.

ADA,NYDSA,SDDS,ICOI fellow,Penninsula Hospital Dental Society

NYU College of Dentistry DDS 1984 NYU College of Dentistry Surgical and prosthetic implantology program 1999-2001