Dentistry/Post tooth extraction- big blood clot?

Question
12 hours ago I had two molars pulled out (top and bottom) and after about 6 hours I ate mashed potato and Ice cream. After that I saw orange yellow type stuff on top of where the blood clots are. So I gently rinsed with warm salt water, but the yellow stuff was still there. So I just left it. Is this normal? And is it normal for the blood clots to be dark purple - almost black?
Later I looked again and the blood clot looks almost a brown colour and  seems to be hanging very low out of the socket especially the top whole. Is this normal? It feels as though that If I pushed with my tongue it would come out. It moves around very easily within the hole. I'm scared it will fall out and I will get dry socket or an infection.
Please Help !

Answer
the easiest thing to do is call the dentist who extracted the teeth and have the area looked at. sometimes you get whitish areas on healing areas...this can be normal. but i cannot give you any definitive answers without seeing things in person. there is no reason why you cannot run in there to have it checked out to put your mind at ease. make the call.

jeff dalin, dds

Dentistry

Jeff Dalin DDS