Dentistry/repairing ceramic veneer on a gold crown

The facial ceramic veneer on an upper central incisor with a gold crown has broken off.

What cosmetic options are available to to repair this crown without its removal?

A response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Hi Sharon,

Your dentist can bond a resin composite material to the existing crown. However, the longevity of this type of repair is limited and may not last. It is easy to do and affordable, but it may break off again at any time since it is hard to bond to an existing crown.

The only proper way to repair it is to make an entirely new crown.

I hope this helps!

Benjamin Schwartz, DDS FAGD

I can answer a range of questions in dentistry, ranging from cosmetic dentistry, fillings, root canals, and comprehensive treatment. Specifically, my fields of interest are in CEREC technology, Invisalign (Invisable braces), and Endodontics (root canals).

Full time practicing dentist in New York City, treating all phases of adult dental needs. Specific focus on Invisalign cases, Endodontic (root canal) treatment, and CEREC single visit restorations.

Schwartz Benjamin, Boczko Fae, McKeon S. Oral Care For The Elderly. Perspectives in Gerontology December 2006

New York University College of Dentistry - D.D.S.
Woodhull Medical Center, 1 year post-graduate residency program - GPR