Dentistry/Tooth extraction- blood clots hanging out?

Question
12 hours ago I had two molars pulled out (top and bottom) and after about 6 hours I ate mashed potato and Ice cream. After that I saw orange yellow type stuff on top of where the blood clots are. So I gently rinsed with warm salt water, but the yellow stuff was still there. So I just left it. Is this normal? And is it normal for the blood clots to be dark purple - almost black?
Later I looked again and the blood clot looks almost a brown colour and  seems to be hanging very low out of the socket especially the top whole. Is this normal? It feels as though that If I pushed with my tongue it would come out. It moves around very easily within the hole. I'm scared it will fall out and I will get dry socket or an infection.
Please Help !

Answer
Jesus - what you are describing is not completely unusual. You need to stay on a soft diet
and 48 hours after the extraction you can begin a very gentle warm salt water right send. Occasionally the clots will be larger than expected and may stick out of the socket.  Once beginning the gentles rinses, the clots will begin to get smaller.  It is important to stay with a soft diet and not traumatized the clots.

So it should all be fine as long as you don't traumatized the area.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired