Dentistry/Tooth extraction - clot falling out of socket

12 hours ago I had two molars pulled out (top and bottom) and after about 6 hours I ate mashed potato and Ice cream. After that I saw orange yellow type stuff on top of where the blood clots are. So I gently rinsed with warm salt water, but the yellow stuff was still there. So I just left it. Is this normal? And is it normal for the blood clots to be dark purple - almost black?
Later I looked again and the blood clot looks almost a brown colour and  seems to be hanging very low out of the socket especially the top whole. Is this normal? It feels as though that If I pushed with my tongue it would come out. It moves around very easily within the hole. I'm scared it will fall out and I will get dry socket or an infection.
Please Help !
This morning I woke up and checked the extraction sites and on the bottom the big brown part that was overflowing is gone!! But the top one is still there and hanging even lower :( what do I do?

The colors you describe for he clots can all be normal.  If you have no  pain, bleeding or swelling you are probably healing all right.

The hanging clots can be helped by biting on a wet tea bag for about 20 minutes and then leaving the area undisturbed.  Eating on those areas too soon probably disturbs the clots or causes them to hang out of the sockets .

If it continues to be a problem, or you get pain bleeding or swelling, return to the dentist who extracted the teeth.  He is still responsible for supervising proper healing.

Larry Burnett DDS  

Larry Burnett DDS

Preventative Dentistry. Conservative Periodontal Therapy

National lecturer on conservative treatment of periodontal diseases and elimination of tooth decay. Former adjunct professor of oral microbiology at a Leading school of dental hygiene. Former investigator for State Board of Dentistry. Retired from private dental practice.

RDH Magazine. Numerous articles

Graduate of Medical College of VA School of Dentistry. 20 years teaching hygienists at NOVA