Dentistry/inferior liberal frenulum

Question
I have a white cut looking gap in my inferior liberal frenulum and it hurts to move my lower lip and my chin hurts as well.Is this bad? Should I get it looked at?

Answer
Hello Cda,

Thank you for your question.

I checked your question online, and I think the term is "inferior labial frenulum."

Most of the sites I looked at suggested that you use mouthwash or rinse to keep the irritated area clean.  You could take Tylenol or Motrin for the pain.  Orajel could also help numb the pain.

But all of these home treatments are until you can get to your dentist.  Your best chance at effective treatment is to have a dentist look at you.

Good luck!

Jonathan
Patient Point of View  

Dentistry

Jonathan at PatientBabble