Dentistry/conventional dentures

Question

I am 56 and getting conventional dentures. Is 8 weeks after extractions enough time to get a satisfactory set of impressions? I have good healing and no complications when teeth were extracted. Also, what is the difference between standard dentures and premium dentures? Are they worth the difference?

Thank you!
Joan

Answer
That should be fine. Premium usually means they are using a better lab,higher cost teeth and materials to fabricate the denture. Perhaps ask the dentist to show you a sample of each if possible. In my practice I only use the premium grade lab etc so there isn't any choosing really.

Dentistry

Rafael Mosery,D.D.S.