Dentistry/conventional dentures

Question
Hi, Dr Dalin:

I am 56 and will be getting conventional dentures. Is 8 weeks post extractions enough time to get a set of satisfactory impressions made? Also should I opt for premium dentures instead of standard ones? I am a first time denture wearer and post extraction healing is good with no complications.

Thank you!
Joan

Answer
8 weeks post-extractions is plenty of time. You should be ready to go. I am not sure what the differences are between a standard and premium denture. I only make one type of denture. I would always ask for the best one so lean toward premium. Make sure denture is made carefully. You want it made over 3-4 appointments. I am not a fan of quick 1-2 appointment dentures. Good luck

Jeff Dalin DDS

Dentistry

Jeff Dalin DDS