Dentistry/conventional dentures

Hi, Dr Dalin:

I am 56 and will be getting conventional dentures. Is 8 weeks post extractions enough time to get a set of satisfactory impressions made? Also should I opt for premium dentures instead of standard ones? I am a first time denture wearer and post extraction healing is good with no complications.

Thank you!

8 weeks post-extractions is plenty of time. You should be ready to go. I am not sure what the differences are between a standard and premium denture. I only make one type of denture. I would always ask for the best one so lean toward premium. Make sure denture is made carefully. You want it made over 3-4 appointments. I am not a fan of quick 1-2 appointment dentures. Good luck

Jeff Dalin DDS

Jeff Dalin DDS

general dentistry questions with topics ranging from cosmetic dentistry to dentistry for children

Fellowships in American College of Dentists, the Academy of General Dentistry, and the International College of Dentists.